Friday, July 4, 2014

Glueing limbs and panels


So here you will see me glueing, drawing, glueing and glueing. The sides of the harp I glued together to cut together since they are symmetric then I separated then.

To glue the ground base to the front panel I had to nail both sides and use that as a way to pull the wood tight to each other with electrical tape. Worked out great.





Making these thin panels was though.
Originally it was a 30"L x 8"W x 1 3/8"H board ($15) so I had to cut it in half going long ways then cut very thin slices all on the table saw. But the blade only went 3" high so since the board is now half the width which is 4" I had to cut twice, I had to flip it to get everything. And it was so much pressure on the machine that the power went out very often. I was afraid the machine could over run and get ruined but there is a safety feature that shuts it down when it's over used by people like me.







The base had to be cut in two angles on its side. Because its longer on the front and shorter on the back. And it goes up in a closing angle as well. Not many chances to do that on the table saw :)







This little fella will help with holding the front panel from exploding outwards with 400 pounds of string tension. It will be glued with a biskett going to the limb to secure.







And here it is standing







No comments:

Post a Comment